Friday, November 26, 2010

Jalapeno Popper Dip

So someone from WeWa gave me this recipe. Obviously, this person and I are forever WeWa buddies (I find the most fattening recipes from these women!!!!). Then I found it on allrecipes.com. Both times it was missing a key ingredient...meat. After sharing the recipe with some other women, bacon was suggested. So I made bacon. I was only going to add half a pound, but D and I had a miscommunication, and he added the whole pound.

The result? OMG, I couldn't keep my hands out of this stuff. It was so good, spicy, creamy. Damn, just thinking about it, I want it again. I believe my father and D liked it as well. I know my bro like it because he had as much as I did.

WILL HAVE AGAIN!!!!

Jalapeno Popper Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (used 1/3 fat Cream Cheese, it is creamier)
1 cup mayonnaise (used Hellman's Light, bc that's what we have)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained (didn't drain)
2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained (used 4 oz, because what am I going to do with 2 extra oz)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (used Italian blend, because that's what we had)
1 pound of bacon, cut up

Put everything in the crockpot and heat up (about an hour). Serve with fritos.

No comments: