Would have again.
Black Bean Soup with Tequila Shrimp
Yield: Makes 4 servings
|Photo by ALB|
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile, divided
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons white tequila
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Add shrimp, tossing to coat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cumin, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle; sauté 1 minute. Stir in beans, broth, black pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 minutes.
3. Transfer 1 cup soup to a blender; puree until smooth. Stir smooth mixture into soup; keep warm.
4. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 1 minute. Turn and cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat; add tequila, tossing shrimp to coat.
5. Stir juices from shrimp, lime juice, and cilantro into soup. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with shrimp. Serve with chips; garnish, if desired.
Nutritional Information (from MyFitnessPal)
Calories: 389; Total Fat: 10 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 110 mg; Sodium: 1225 mg; Potassium: 89 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 42 g; Dietary Fiber: 12 g; Sugars: 4 g; Protein: 25 g;
From Coastal Living