Thursday, December 27, 2012

Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Pecorino

I saw my friend Delane made this recipe and it intrigued me. Raw Brussels Sprouts? I have just learned to like this vegetable but I never thought about them raw. D and I would have to try them.

Then Christmas Eve happened, and we decided we were going to have a lighter meal since Christmas was going to be heavy. So D grilled some Chipotle Barbecue Chicken, I made some Chipotle Scones, and we made this salad. We found out my dad likes Brussels Sprouts. We will make again.

Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Pecorino

Photo by ALB

Recipe by Delane at A Well Fed Life
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
1/2 small red onion
4 cups Brussels Sprouts (use larger sprouts if possible)
1 tsp of sherry vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup finely grated pecorino cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preparation
Grate Brussels sprouts (Delane used a mandolin, D used a food processor).

Grate onion. (I chopped very finely).

Mix together

Squeeze a 1/2 lemon in the vegetables

Add a 1/2 cup of pecorino cheese

Add 1 tsp of Sherry Vinegar

Add 2 TBS of olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste and mix well

Enjoy!

No comments: