Monday, November 12, 2007

Peanutty Couscous

I made this last night. I adapted a Cooking Light Suggestion. Points are if you are following Weight Watchers. I put the recipe into the recipe builder to determine the points.


Peanutty Couscous

POINTS® Value: 4, POINTS Plus®: 5
Servings: 4


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup uncooked couscous
  • 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Jif Peanut Butter
  • 1/4 cup Green Onions
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Instructions
Pour chicken broth into a medium saucepan and let it come to a boil. Add couscous, and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients.

Add to the couscous and mix thoroughly.


Notes
Use low sodium soy sauce...seriously. I did not, because we didn't have any and I could tell in the morning, since my rings wouldn't fit.

No comments: