Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tandoori-Style Chicken

So I prepped this dish and D made it. I thought tandoori was red, but this was green. We really liked it. We had it with couscous.

Tandoori-Style Chicken from the American Cancer Society

2 garlic cloves (I used 5)
1/4C Fresh Cilantro
1 jalepeno, stemmed and seeded (I sorta seeded it)
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
1/2 onion, quartered
1C nonfat plain yogurt (I used 6 oz)
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I used boneless skinless thighs)
1 tsp canola oil

In a food processor with the motor running, add garlic. Add cilantro, jalepeno, ginger and onion and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add yogurt, cumin, coriander, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper and pulse to combine, scraping down sides to blend. Transfer to a bowl or zip-top bag.

With a sharp knife, slash chicken diagonally along the grain about 1/2-inch dee[ and 1 inch apart (I didn't do this). Add chicken to marinade and turn pieces to coa. Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.

When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 450 degress. Remove chicken pieces form marinade and place in roasting pan. Drizzle with oil.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.

(D cooked everything in a grill pan including the marinade, which I guess can be dangerous but neither of us got sick, so all is well.)

No comments: