Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grilled Jalapeño Chicken

An oldie but a goodie...

Grilled Jalapeño Chicken

Photo by ALB

Ingredients
1/3 C fresh lime juice
¼ C honey
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro (I use almost the whole bunch)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
3 Jalapeño peppers; halved and seeded (I use 5)
3 garlic cloves, chopped (I use 5)
6 (6-oz) skinned chicken breast halves, bone-in (or whatever is on sale)
Cooking Spray
  1. Place first 8 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Combine mixture and chicken in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag and marinate chicken in refrigerate 1 to 8 hours (I do up to a day ahead).
  2. Prepare grill. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 12 minutes on each side OR until done, basting occasionally with reserve marinade. (This takes me about 7 minutes on each side).
6 servings
3points
159 Calories
2.6 g Fat
14.3g Carbohydrates.
.1g Fiber
62 mg Cholesterol
345mg Sodium

2 comments:

Viv said...

Ohhh this one sounds up my alley! Printing this bad boy out.

Viv said...

Made this one this past week tasted delish! Almost had to call 911 i got jalepeno crap in my eye.