Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Family Crabcake Recipe

So back when my dad was getting a divorce, which was rather messy, he wanted to know if I wanted anything from it. I told him that my mom always made the best crab cakes and could he snag the recipe. So he did. It was the recipe on the side of the Old Bay Can.

I typically don't have bread around or dried parsley, so I adapted the recipe slightly without much change in taste.

The Family Crabcake Recipe

Photo by ALB

Ingredients
2 slices white bread, crusts removed (used 1/2 cup(s) dried plain bread crumbs (or garlic flavor))
2 tablespoons mayonnaise(used Hellmann's Reduced Fat Mayonnaise)
2 tsp Old Bay (or more)
2 tsp parsley, dried (so 2 TBSP fresh)
1/2 tsp French's Classic yellow mustard
1 large egg, beaten
1 pound(s) lump crabmeat

Instructions
1. Break bread into small pieces. Mix in mayonnaise, Old Bay, parsley, mustard and egg. Stir in crabmeat*.
2. Shape mixture into patties. 5 minutes. Refrigerate for Broil for 10 minutes without turning or fry until golden-brown on both sides. Sprinkle with extra Old Bay if desired.

*Don't over mix or you lose out on big crab pieces in the cake.

No comments: