Thursday, October 3, 2013

Provençale Chicken Supper

So I'm not sure how I found this recipe except my brother and I have been talking about crockpots for a few weeks.  Anyway, I suggested this to D and he said ok.

He prepped everything the night before, and I turned it on before going to work.  It was very liquidy for us, so D made rice. It was rather simple.  I suggested to D that he would need salt...it worked fine for me.  Maybe add some more oregano or herbs de Provence would be my advice.

Would have again.

Provençale Chicken Supper

Use bone-in chicken breasts for this French-country dish.

Photo by ALB

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup bean mixture)

Ingredients
4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned (used 8 bone-in thighs)
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
Basil sprigs (optional)
Preparation
Place the chicken in an electric slow cooker; sprinkle with basil, salt, and black pepper. Add the bell pepper, beans, and tomatoes. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours.

Note:
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012

Nutritional Information
Calories: 281; Fat: 2.2g; Saturated fat: 0.6g; Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g; Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g; Protein: 44.9g; Carbohydrate: 18.1g; Fiber: 4.7g; Cholesterol: 99mg; Iron: 3.2mg; Sodium: 495mg; Calcium: 86mg

Cooking Light SEPTEMBER 1999

No comments: