Monday, June 2, 2014

Pizza Omelet

I decided to make this because I had most of the ingredients.  My technique in folding the omelet could use some work, but overall this was very easy to make.  I would use less butter next time, because it seemed like a lot.  Also, I used half-n-half and Italian Cheese Blend because those are what were in the house.

It was good and I would have again.

Pizza Omelet

1 Servings
Prep/Total Time: 15 min.

Photo by ALB
Ingredients
2 Eggland's Best Eggs
2 tablespoons milk (used half-n-half)
1 tablespoon butter (use less next time)
1/4 cup pizza sauce
10 slices pepperoni (didn't use)
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (used Italian Blend)
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions
In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat.

Spread pizza sauce over half of the eggs; top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Fold in half; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

Yield: 1 serving.

Taste of Home 2014

Nutritional Information (from My Fitness Pal)
Calories: 432; Carbs: 10; Fat: 35; Protein: 23; Sodium: 827; Fiber: 1

Ingredients to calculate for My Fitness Pal
Aldi Goldenhen - Large Egg, 2 egg: 140 calories
Kroger - Half & Half, 2 tbsp: 40 calories
 Butter - Salted, 1 tbsp: 102 calories
Aldi's Priano - Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce, 1/4 cup: 35 calories
Aldi Priano - Parmesan Cheese - Freshly Shredded, 1 TBSP: 25 calories
Kroger Cheese - Italian Blend, 1/4 cup: 90 calories

1 comment:

Chris said...

This really piqued my interest. Pizza omelet? Though we rarely have omelets, I'm thinking fritatta? Sounds delicious!