Sunday, November 8, 2015

Chicken Avocado Patties

D had to go out of town last week, so I was left to my own devices. I told him I was having refried beans for dinner, but then I found this recipe, so I also decided to make something similar.

I changed the name from Burgers to Patties, because the way I am with Pizza is only with red sauce, else it is Shit on Bread, D is that way with Burgers. Without a bun, it isn't a burger. Fair enough.

Anyway I made these, and they were pretty good. I'm not the best cook so I used a food thermometer to determine if they were done enough. D had one when he got home from his trip, and he said, "Good job!"

I served with refried beans (from a can).

Chicken Avocado Patties


Photo by ALB

Serves: 4 Patties
Adapted from Laughing Spatula

Ingredients
1 pound ground chicken
1 large ripe avocado - cut into chunks
1 chopped clove of garlic
1/3 cup Panko crumbs
1 minced Serrano pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 Cup chopped Cilantro
Cooking Spray 1 cup of Hot Pepper Shredded Cheese
1 cup Pico de Gallo

Instructions
Add all ingredients, through cilantro to a large bowl and toss gently.
Shape into desired size patties
Heat grill pan sprayed with cooking spray to on medium heat.
Place patties in pan. Cook for 7-9 minutes. Flip.
Cook 5 more minutes.
Add Cheese to each burger and let melt.
Remove from pan.
Top with Pico.
Serve.

Nutrition Facts from My Fitness Pal
Servings 4.0
Calories: 353; Total Fat: 19 g; Saturated Fat: 8 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 145 mg; Sodium: 1054 mg; Potassium: 631 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 11 g; Dietary Fiber: 3 g; Sugars: 2 g; Protein: 37 g

No comments: