Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Caribbean Style Corn on the Cob

So D and I were looking for a side to have with Jerk-Style Chicken the other day.  I'm kind of bored with vegetables, and we always seem to have black beans/coconut/rice combo, so we decided to look for something else.  I found a recipe for Caribbean Style Corn on the Cob on Delishplan.com.

However, there's really no way in hell, I'm making homemade aioli.  I've been trying hard to watch what I'm eating and that just didn't fit the bill.  So I went back to looking.  D looked over the recipe and said we should have it and just use low-fat mayonnaise.  That would help a lot.

Then I was in a meeting food-planning, and decided to look up the amounts used in the Elote recipe D makes.  So I got the amounts based on that.

D grilled it, because he always grills corn.  Again, we had with Jerk-Style Chicken.

Caribbean Style Corn on the Cob

Photo by ALB

Adapted from Delishplan.com

Ingredients
3 TBSP mayo
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
1/4 tsp Paprika
2 TBSP shredded Parmesan cheese
4 ears of corn

Preparation
Prepare grill. Combine mayonnaise through cheese in a small bowl.

Place corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn 12 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Remove corn from grill; brush with mixture.

Serve immediately.

No comments: