Thursday, May 11, 2017

Monte Cristo Flatout Sandwich

My SIL liked or shared this recipe on Facebook, and I saw it. It looked simple, and like a good quick lunch, so I decided to try it.  I should say that I have no idea what a Monte Cristo Sandwich should taste like, so I'm not sure if this is one, but it was good.

It is pretty simple and if you mix the egg wash in a plastic container, you can put it back in the fridge when you want to make the second sandwich...  I had 4 sandwiches over the course of a weekend.

So I would make again.  My points came out differently, than the writer's though.

Monte Cristo Flatout Sandwich

Photo by ALB

Adapted from: Drizzle 
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 6sp/6pp each (I got 9sp, maybe it was the bread I used)

Ingredients 
2 Everything Flatout fold-it breads (I used some Ancient Grains Flatout Fold-It Bread)
1 egg
1 egg white (I use 2TBSP liquid egg)
1 Tbsp milk (I used FF half and half, it's what I had)
Dash of salt and pepper
Pinch of paprika
1 Tbsp ranch dressing
4 oz deli ham
4 Tbsp shredded asiago cheese (I used 5-Cheese Italian Blend)

Preparation
In a bowl (big enough to dip your folded flatout) whisk together your egg, liquid egg, milk, salt and pepper and pinch of paprika.

Spray a medium size frying pan with some non stick spray and heat on stove top over medium.

Lay out your fold it breads and spread ½ Tbsp of your ranch dressing over each fold it.

Place 2 oz of deli ham on each and top with 2 Tbsp of your cheese, fold sandwich over and dip thoroughly in your egg mixture.

Cook in pan, flipping over after 5 minutes, be sure to get around your edges as well.

Serve immediately

9 Smart Points (my additions/subtractions at 2 servings)

No comments: