Thursday, January 3, 2019

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars

I have suddenly developed an allergy to eggs. Despite eating them everyday, some things just set off the allergy, and I can't really figure out what.  So for Christmas I wanted a cake, but I didn't want to put in a ton of effort.  This recipe fit the bill.

I typically use 1/3 Fat Cream Cheese. In the past, I found it creamier.  But the last few times I've used it, it seems to be chemically. So back to full fat.

Even still, the crust with the peanut butter and the candy was delicious, and I could easily make this again.  Maybe more peanut butter.  Because peanut butter makes everything better.

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars

Photo by ALB

Serves 8  (more like 12 or 16)

Ingredients
Crust
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (I used an entire pack of Oreos and put them in the food processor)
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
Pinch of salt

Filling
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened peanut butter or Reese’s creamy peanut butter (I used Jif, next time make it a heaping 1/3 Cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Reese’s Baking Cups
1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces Candy

Topping
1/2 cup Reese’s Baking Cups
1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces Candy

Preparation
1. In a bowl, thoroughly mix chocolate cookie crumbs, brown sugar, butter, and salt. Press evenly into parchment-lined 8x8” baking dish (I used foil sprayed with PAM). Chill dish while making the filling.

2. In a medium bowl, place cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in cream and beat until thoroughly incorporated.

3. Add sugar, vanilla, peanut butter, and salt. Beat until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Fold in the 1/2 cup Reese’s Baking Cups and 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces Candy.

4. Pour filling into chilled crust and smooth out the top. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of Reese’s Baking Cups and 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces Candy.

5. Freeze for 3 hours.

6. Allow bars to slightly soften, then slice and serve.

No comments: