Wednesday, January 29, 2020

CROCKPOT CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

I made this while D was coming back into town.  It was pretty easy, and I was able to assemble it the night before). It was also good, although I wish it had been spicier.  I'd add jalapenos next time.

CROCKPOT CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

Photo by ALB

Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 8 hours 5 minutes
Servings 8 (I got 6)
Author Star

Ingredients
1-½ lbs chicken breast, raw
2 15.5 ounce Great Northen Beans (3 cups) drained, but not rinsed
2 4 ounce cans cans diced mild green chiles
Add a 4 ounce can of diced jalapenos
1 ½ cups corn, frozen (used a 14 oz can of non salted corn)
1 ¾ cups chicken broth low sodium, if available (used 2 cups)
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt (I don't know what this is, so I used Penzy's Arizona seasoning)
1 tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper more or less depending on level of spice preference
1/2 cup half and half (I used fat free)
4 oz light cream cheese

Instructions
In a slow cooker add chicken breast, beans, green chiles, corn, spices, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5 hours.

Remove chicken and shred. Stir back into the chili. Stir in half and half and light cream cheese. Cook on high for 30 minutes.

Top with tortilla strips, cheese, green onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and/or a squeeze of lime, if desired. (not counted in points). Enjoy!

3 WW Blue Points (my additions/subtractions at 6 servings)

No comments: