Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Grilled Tilapia Tacos

I liked this a lot. D said it was eh. He wanted the fish to have more flavor. I said put Adobo or Taco Seasoning on it. He didn't so, oh well. We will have again. Had with chili-corn mashed potatoes.

Grilled Tilapia Tacos

Makes 6 servings
Spring is finally here! Tonight try this zesty taco recipe made with Tilapia. Go ahead and put a healthy twist on the traditional taco. Thank you to our friends at Tropical Aquaculture Products, Inc. for this GREAT recipe.
With my changes it came to 6 points per serving, and it was 4 servings.

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs. fresh Tropical™ Tilapia fillets (I used 18 oz of frozen tilapia thawed out)
  • olive oil (I didn't use)
  • flour tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
  • shredded cabbage
  • salsa (I didn't use)
  • sour cream (I didn't use)
  • fresh lime wedges
  • Sauce
  • 1/3 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
  • 2 jalapenos -- seeded
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Helman's RF)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I used non-fat)
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 tsp. fresh lime juice

Instructions

Into a food processor, add cilantro and jalapenos, process until coarsely chopped and mixed together. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, avocado and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Keep this sauce refrigerated until needed. Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil and grill over medium heat for 2-4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Heat tortillas on grill and spread 2 Tbls. of sauce on each warm tortilla. Place 1/2 of a fillet in center of each tortilla, add shredded cabbage, fold tortilla and top with salsa and sour cream. Garnish with fresh lime wedges.

3 comments:

Viv said...

OMG Alb, this looks delish! I have some tilapia in the freeze, so not fresh but should work. I am doing this one this weekend! Thanks

Al's CL Reviews said...

I never use fresh fish. I'm not a big enough fan of it to shell the $$.

Elizabeth said...

I have to try this recipe. I love fish tacos!!! Pampered Chef has a great recipe for them.