Thursday, March 5, 2009

Black Bean Salad

I made this. Very easy. I didn't use celery, because I didn't see the point of buying celery for this one use. D suggested avocado for next time. I didn't think he would like it, but he said it was good.

I made this with the Tex-Mex calzones. Really Good.
I did the WeWa thing...4 servings = 2 pts each.

Black Bean Salad

Photo by ALB

1 (15-ounce) can rinsed and drained black beans
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes (used grape tomatoes)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped celery (didn't use)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil

Toss together a black bean salad to go with these family-friendly turnovers. Combine 1 (15-ounce) can rinsed and drained black beans, 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup
chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.

No comments: