Monday, June 7, 2010

Margarita Pork Tenderloin

So D and I discussed the recipe before making it. He said no way was he making medallions on the grill. So I marinated the whole loin (substitution). So I tasted the marinade before putting it on the pork. It was good. I think next time I will cut the pork and cook it in a pan. We could sort of taste it, and it was good, but nothing special. We had with elote.

Margarita Pork Tenderloin


Prep: 15 min., Chill: 1 hr. (we chilled for 7 hours), Grill: 8 min

Preparation Time: 15 minutes minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes minutes
Other Time: 1 hour minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings

3 garlic cloves, minced (I used 1 TBSP of jarred)
1 green onion, minced
1/2 jalapeƱo pepper, minced (I used 1 jalapeno)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (I used 1/4C)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins (I used 1 2-pound pork loin)

Combine first 10 ingredients in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Cut pork diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices (I didn't do), and add to tequila mixture. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally (I chilled 7+ hours).

Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.

Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. (D just grilled it).

Southern Living, APRIL 2005

We made it 4 servings, so here is the Sparkpeople NI, with my substitutions:
Calories: 359.5
Fat: 16.5g
Cholesterol: 109.8 mg
Sodium: 1390.5 mg
Carbs: 4.6g
Fiber: .6g
Protein: 43.3g
Carb