Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tilapia Tacos

D made these last night. They were pretty good. I was still hungry though after 2. And I had 2 for lunch and had the same issue. They were low in points though. I assume the were easy. I was outside playing with Guinness.

We had with Black Bean Salad.

Tilapia Tacos

3 servings/ 7 points a serving

6 corn tortillas

1/2 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
2 TBSP fresh lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 oz frozen tilapia, thawed
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano
Spray cooking oil
3/4 oz Cheddar Cheese
3 TBSP reduced-fat sour cream

1. In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. (I don't think D did this because I don't recall a mixture. He just had onions and cilantro laid out on a plate with tomatoes...I didn't use any onion).
3. Heat pan. And spray with Pam.

4. While the pan is heating up, season the fish with the chili powder, paprika, oregano, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.

5. Sautee the fish. Squirt the lime juice over it when done.

6. Serve the fish with tortillas, the onions, cilantro, cheese and sour cream.

No comments: