Thursday, December 26, 2013

Santa Fe Chicken Dip Recipe

I really need to get off Pinterest.  Another recipe found there, originally from Diddles and Dumplings.  At least I make things only for holidays (or weekends, or football games, or...)

Anyway, I can't remember if my brother or I found this recipe.  But it just sat there, pinned in my untried section. I'm not sure why.  Being as we are having 2 Christmases, D and I decided to make this for lunch for our Christmas.  It was really good.  Especially because we may have indulged in too many beverages the night before so this was REALLY good.

I would definitely have again.

Santa Fe Chicken Dip Recipe

Photo by ALB

Ingredients
2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (shredded)
1 (10 ounce) can of Ro*tel Original
1 cup mayonnaise (used Helman's Light)
1 large chipotle pepper (packed in adobo)
2 (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese
1 (15 ounce) can of black beans
3/4 cup sweet corn
8 ounces Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a food processor (or blender) combine chipotle pepper and mayonnaise. Set aside.

In a large pan over medium heat, place shredded chicken. Add Ro*tel and cook for a minute. Place cream cheese in pan and melt completely. Add chipotle mayonnaise, stir and combine. Turn off heat. Stir in black beans, corn and cheese. Pour into a large baking dish.

Bake, uncovered for 15-16 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Recipe yields about 6 cups.

No comments: