Monday, January 5, 2015

Mexican Tortilla Breakfast Thing

So periodically I read a recipe, remember half of it and then decide it might work if I eat at home, but wouldn't work if I ate in the car. This would be one of those times.

I found the premise in Healthy Magazine, but then I couldn't find where I put the magazine, and just winged it from what I remembered.

The first day I had a Tostada (ate at home), the 2nd day I had as a burrito (ate in the car)

Mexican Tortilla Breakfast Thing

Ingredients
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (Low Carb) - 8-inch
3 TBSP Refried Beans-fat Free
1 TBSP Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
2 TBSP Salsa
1 tsp  Cilantro - Chopped,
1 Large Egg (I fried it once, and had hard-boiled for the other)
1/4 of  Avocado

Preparation of a Tostada
Heat oven at 400.
On a cookie sheet covered in foil, put the tortilla on top.
Spread the Refried Beans all over the tortilla.
Add the Cheese and Salsa.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook your egg (I "fried" mine).  Cut the cilantro and avocado, and mix up.
When the tortilla is crispy, put the egg and cilantro, avocado on the tortilla.
Enjoy!

Preparation of a Burrito
On a place, place a tortilla.
Spread the Refried Beans all over the tortilla.
Add the Cheese and Salsa.
Stick in the microwave on high, for 40 seconds.
Peel hard-boiled egg, and chop it the avocado and cilantro.
Place on the tortilla, and roll the tortilla into a burrito.
Enjoy!

Nutritional Information (My Fitness Pal)
Calories: 295; Carbs: 26; Fat: 16; Protein: 20; Sodium: 596; Fiber: 11

Ingredients used for Calculation
Cheese - Kroger - Finely Shredded Cheese - Sharp Cheddar, 0.0625 Cup (28g): Calories: 28
Tamxicos Lo Carb Wheat Tortillas - Softshell Tortillas, 1 Tortilla: Calories: 70
Tostito's - Medium Salsa, 2 Tbsp (31 g): Calories: 10
Kroger - Refried Beans-fat Free, 0.1875 cup (134 g): Calories: 41
Cilantro - Chopped, 1 tsp: Calories: 1
Egg - 1 Large (Mk) - Egg, 1 egg: Calories: 78
Avocado - Avocado (Grams), 42.0 g Calories: 67

No comments: