Friday, January 9, 2015

Santa Fe Black Beans, Revisited

So in 2014, the first thing I cooked was Santa Fe Black Beans.  Looking for a "Mexican Side" I found that recipe.  I decided to alter it, as my review was the beans were crunchy.  So I did.  Crazily, it was the first recipe I made for us in 2015.

It took me about 30 minutes to make, but that is because I am a really slow chopper (It took me the whole time D was making the chicken to make this).

We had with Chicken with Chorizo and Tomato Salsa.

Santa Fe Black Beans, Revisited

Photo by ALB
Adapted from Cooking Light
Serves 4

Ingredients
1 TBSP Canola oil (use PAM if you have it)
1 C Onion, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo, seeded and chopped
1 15 oz can Black Beans, not drained
1 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
1/4 C Cilantro, chopped
2 oz Queso Fresco, crumbled.

Preparation
Add oil to a medium-sized frying pan.  Heat on Medium-high.  Add onions, garlic, and chipotle and sautee for 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent.

Open can of black beans, and pour into medium-sized pot.  Add lime juice and onion mixture.  Mash mixture.  Heat until hot.

Serve, garnished with cilantro and queso

Nutritional Information (from My Fitness Pal)
Calories: 184; Fat: 7 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 8 mg; Sodium: 597 mg; Potassium: 72 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 21 g; Dietary Fiber: 6 g; Sugars: 4 g; Protein: 10 g

No comments: