Monday, December 28, 2015

Unbeatable Sausage Gravy

I was left to my own devices for Christmas, because D had to go home for a family emergency. I couldn't go because there was no place to put the dogs on Christmas (if you are unfamiliar with dog boarding, you have to basically call in September to board your dog between Thanksgiving and Christmas...any later...good luck).

So D and I had planned on having biscuits and gravy but it was just me, so what to have. I decided I would have biscuits and gravy anyway.  Except I don't know how to make gravy.  But since D had already bought the ingredients (sausage and milk), I knew I could find the recipe.

The one below is what I found.  It was extreemely easy to make, and I did it while the biscuits were baking.  It is simple.  I added more pepper, because I like pepper.

I would have again.

Unbeatable Sausage Gravy

Photo by ALB

From Pillsbury

Homemade Biscuit Recipe if you aren't using Grands (which personally, I'm not a fan of).

Ingredients
12 oz bulk pork sausage (used 16 oz Jimmy Dean All Natural)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (closer to 1/2 tsp)
3 cups milk

Directions
Crumble sausage into large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink, stirring frequently.

With wire whisk, stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Split warm biscuits; place on serving plates. Serve sausage mixture over warm split biscuits.

No comments: