Friday, July 15, 2016

Bacon Cheeseburger Salad

One of my friends is doing a low-carb diet.  Although I'm not a fan of substituting out starchy products for cauliflower, I will look at recipes that are just different takes on things.

This happened to be one of them.  The original recipe was for one person, but again, if I have a pound of ground beef, I'm not using 6oz.  I'm using the whole pound.  So I upped the ingredients and servings of everything but the dressing, and added tomatoes and onions, although, D didn't have tomatoes on his salad, and I didn't have onions on mine.  I wasn't really missing the roll, because I'm not a huge fan of sandwich bread (rolls, white bread, wheat bread), and usually the dogs get most of the roll anyway.

It helped that Center Cut Bacon and 93/7 Ground Beef were on mark down, as were salad greens.

So the salad was really good.  The dressing was simple yet totally went with it.  I would have again.

Bacon Cheeseburger Salad

Photo by ALB

Serves: 3
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes

Adapted from Buns in My Oven

Ingredients
For the salad:
8 cups Mixed Greens
1 cup Reduced-Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
8 Dill Pickle slices, chopped
2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup Red Onion
8 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon

For the burger:
1 lb. 93%/7% ground beef
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt

Dressing:
1/4 cup Light Mayo
2 tablespoons mustard
2 teaspoons ketchup
2 teaspoons vinegar
1 teaspoon pickle juice

Preparation
Add the greens, cheese, pickles, and bacon to a large bowl. Toss to mix.

Mix the seasonings into the ground beef.

Cook in a medium skillet until cooked to your liking.

Add to the salad.

To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.

Drizzle the dressing over the salad.

Nutrition Facts (from My Fitness Pal)
Servings 3.0
Calories: 548; Total Fat: 30 g; Saturated Fat: 13 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g; Polyunsaturated Fat; 3 g; Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol: 128 mg; Sodium: 2137 mg; Potassium: 457 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 14 g; Dietary Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 5 g; Protein: 55 g

No comments: