Sunday, May 13, 2012

Jack's Meatballs

D and I had ground veal and I couldn't find a recipe to put them in. My friend Jack had given me his meatball recipe some time ago, but I never got around to making it. So I called him up, he came over and made them for us. They were good. I'll have to have him over to have them again. :)

Jack's Meatballs

Photo by ALB

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground veal
1/2 pound ground pork
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs
1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese 
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 cups stale Italian bread, crumbled 
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 cup olive oil
1 small onion diced (optional)

Mix everything in a bowl.
Form into balls.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
Then add to the sauce to continue cooking.

No comments: