Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tequila-Lime Sorbet

I found this recipe this week while looking for an Untried Recipe for Tequila.  I didn't really think about making it, to be honest.  However, I've been sick all week and had already cancelled plans for the Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo, that I felt I had to have a little tequila.  While driving home yesterday, I reminded myself to put the ice cream maker in the freezer.

How easy!  This was so simple to make.

D thought it was a bit too sweet so he put some salt in his. You could definitely add shots to it and make it more alcoholic.  We both thought you also could replace the lime and tequila with lemon and vodka.

Definitely will have again.

Tequila-Lime Sorbet

Serve this refreshing sorbet after a spicy Mexican meal or summer barbecue as a way to tame the heat and end things on a sweet note. Lime juice, sugar, and water are the main ingredients, but a small splash of tequila livens up the flavors.

Photo by ALB

Yield: 2 1/2 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)

Ingredients 
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated lime rind
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
2 tablespoons tequila

Preparation 
Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Cool completely.

Combine sugar syrup, rind, juice, and tequila. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon the sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 136; Calories from fat: 0.0%; Fat: 0.0g; Saturated fat: 0.0g; Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g; Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g; Protein: 0.1g; Carbohydrate: 32.3g; Fiber: 0.0g; Cholesterol: 0.0mg; Iron: 0.0mg; Sodium: 1mg; Calcium: 4mg;

Cooking Light SEPTEMBER 2000

1 comment:

Becca said...

I think I might have to buy an ice cream maker so that I can make this. You had me at tequila, which is odd because tequila makes me uncontrollably sick (like some weird allergic reaction). I like the idea of making this with alcohol in general.