Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Almond Joy “Milkshake”

So a few years ago, a few people I knew started losing a lot of weight. Besides working out and watching what they ate, they were all drinking shakes for breakfast using Protein Powder.

I've been eating Clif Bars for a REALLY long time (like 15 years). I'm a little bored of them, but I cannot find anything that keeps me full as long as a Clif Bar. I really didn't have much hopes for this. I was going to add some fiber to this drink as a suggestion but at the grocery store, I forgot about it and I was tired and wanted to go home anyway.

So this is the first shake I made. I thought it tasted chemically. I'm not sure if it was the fact I had just brushed my teeth, the extract were too overpowering or if it was the Protein Powder (I used Designer Whey French Vanilla).  But I'm going to try one tomorrow with less extracts and a banana.

I ate breakfast 3 hours ago.  I am hungry, but it is manageable with a few glasses of water.  I can hold out another 30 minutes.

Almond Joy “Milkshake”

Total Time: 1-5 MINUTES
From DashingDish.com

Ingredients
1/2 cup Fat free cottage cheese (I used low fat)
1 scoop Protein powder
2-4 pkts Stevia (or 1/4-1 tbs sweetener of choice) (I used 4 packs)
5-10 Ice cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)
1/2-1 cup Water (Alter this according to desired consistency)(I used 1/2 C)
1 tbs Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Almond extract (or vanilla extract)
1 tsp Coconut extract (or to taste)

Instructions
1. Put everything into a blender and blend until creamy consistency is reached! Top with some toasted coconut, and a few mini chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!

Notes from Dashing Dish
1. Cottage cheese may sound strange, but TRUST me… this is what makes the ‘MILKSHAKE’ consistency! Also, if you are sensitive to dairy, you can use tofu to get the same consistency!

2. I use Designer Whey Protein powder. It has 100 calories per scoop. I buy the vanilla flavor because it’s a good base to add whatever flavors you want to make. It is also all natural. You can buy it from Kroger, GNC, Trader Joe’s, Amazon, or Netrition.com.

Nutritional Information (from My Fitness Pal)
Calories: 220; Carbs: 16; Fat: 6; Protein: 31; Sodium: 552; Fiber: 4

Ingredients used to Calculate Nutrition
Kroger - Lowfat Cottage Cheese 1/2 Cup Serving, 1/2 cup (113g): 100 calories
Designer Whey - Protein Powder, French Vanilla (100% Premium), 1 scoop (28): 100 calories
In the Raw - Stevia Packets, 4 packet: 0 calories
Water - Municipal, 0.5 cup (8 fl oz): 0 calories
Kroger - Unsweetened Cocoa, 1 tbsp: 20 calories
Mccormick - Pure Almond Extract, 0.5 tsp: 0 calories
Mccormicks - Imitation Coconut Extract, 1 tsp (5ml): 0 calories

No comments: