Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pan-Grilled Chicken with Chorizo Confetti

D's mom got me the CL Year-End Compilation.  Yes, I get the magazine all year, but it is nice to have it all in one book.  And then I can recycle the magazine.  Plus, I get to see recipes I may have missed (I'll admit there is a certain section of the magazine I skip because it just annoys me). So this way I don't have to see that part of the magazine.

I found this recipe and was shocked we missed it but decided we should have it. D thought so too.

So we did.  He made it in about 30 minutes which was nice. I think I liked it better than he did.  He wasn't sure the point of the carrot.  Also he thought the pepper should be sliced.  I didn't notice but if anything I thought they should be diced to be more "confetti" like.  Either way, we would both have again.

We both topped with a TBSP of LF Sour Cream.  We had with Santa Fe Black Beans.

Pan-Grilled Chicken with Chorizo Confetti


Photo by ALB

Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 breast half and 3 tablespoons confetti)
Hands-on:29 Minutes
Total:29 Minutes

Ingredients
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (used thighs)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray
1/4 cup Mexican pork chorizo, casings removed
1/4 cup sliced onion
2 tablespoons diced carrot
1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper (used red)
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper (used red)
1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Preparation
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.

2. While chicken cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo; cook 1 minute, stirring to crumble. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, onion, and carrot; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell peppers; cook 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add stock; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Spoon chorizo mixture over chicken; top with cilantro.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 254; Fat: 8.2g; Saturated fat: 2.2g; Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g; Polyunsaturated fat: 1g; Protein: 39.2g; Carbohydrate: 3.6g; Fiber: 1.2g; Cholesterol: 133mg; Iron: 0.8mg; Sodium: 586mg; Calcium: 24mg

Cooking Light APRIL 2013

No comments: