Friday, November 28, 2014

CHILI CHEESE BLACK BEAN DIP

So I said previously that D and I had been sick with food poisoning or something the week before Thanksgiving.  Although we know it didn't cause it, the last meal we had included sausage, so we wanted no part of sausage.

Now my brother is the Dip King, and usually we all joyfully welcome sausage to any meal. However, this year, no.  So Bro and I looked and found 3 recipes and D picked this of those.

I assume this was easy because Bro was in our kitchen and needed no help (you know how not being in your own kitchen is).

The result was delicious.   It wasn't until we got about half way through that we finally figured out it would be awesome atop of hot dogs, but we had none (and then is when I remembered to get a picture).  So we continued to demolish this with tortilla chips.  I'd have this again.

CHILI CHEESE BLACK BEAN DIP

Photo by ALB

From Pinch of Yum 
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Serves: 24 (or 4)

INGREDIENTS
3 cups prepared chili, or 2 cans (like Hormel)
1 block cream cheese (I used light)
3 oz. Velveeta cheese
1 can black beans
chili powder, cumin, or cayenne to taste
cilantro for topping (didn't use)
tortilla chips for dipping

INSTRUCTIONS
In microwaveable safe bowl (or a Dutch Oven on the stove), melt first 3 ingredients. Stir well until blended together. Add black beans and seasoning, if desired. Transfer to a mini-crocvkpot for serving. Serve with cilantro and chips!

No comments: