Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole

This is one of those recipes where you go "Why didn't I think of this?" And I didn't. My friend, Jen, pinned it and I saw it and decided D and I must have it. D looked at it and said it must have macaroni in it.

So that's how he made it.

It was delicious. D says it didn't need bacon. I think he might be sick. Of course it needs bacon.

This is the recipe as we made it. We had with Southwestern Salad (a salad kit from Kroger).

Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole

Photo by ALB
Adapted from the Happy Tulip
Serves 6

Ingredients
8 oz macaroni (dry), cooked
1lb of chicken (measured raw), cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup of sharp cheddar, shredded
4-5 green onions, sliced
2 diced, fresh jalapenos

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cream cheese, bacon, 3/4 cup of cheddar, green onions, and jalapenos in a medium bowl and mix well.

Stir in the chicken and pasta and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.

Enjoy!

Nutritional Information (from My Fitness Pal)
Calories: 432; Total Fat: 20 g; Saturated Fat: 10 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 104 mg; Sodium: 502 mg; Potassium: 303 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 31 g; Dietary Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 2 g; Protein: 30 g

12 Smart Points (my additions/subtractions at 6 servings)
14 Smart Points (my additions/subtractions at 5 servings)

No comments: