Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salad

So maybe this one came from a Facebook post from The Sriracha Cookbook?  I don't remember.  (I thought eating well and exercise were supposed to help you remember stuff)?  Anyway,  the pictures were very colorful, and so I pinned it.

I showed D and I really wasn't sure about the pineapple (fruit and meat).  But I know I like pineapple so if it was gross, I'd just eat it separately.

D was going to marinate it before work, but then he was afraid the lime would "cook" the chicken, so he just followed the directions.

The original ingredients were all "clean", but I have neither the time nor the energy to go find all those ingredients, so whatever is on sale at Kroger is what I get.

So back to the salad...the chicken was really good, as in D should make it by itself and I would eat it.  The rest of the salad was good too.  I think next time we could step back on the oil in the dressing even more (D already cut some out).

The Nutritional Information was high, but then again there are a lot of calories in 2 servings.  The original recipe said this was gluten-free and paleo.  I have no idea, since I don't practice either type of diet.  (If you reduce the oil from 1/4 C to 3 TBSP it goes from 801 calories to 745 calories.)

Would have again.

Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salad

Photo by ALB
Serves 2
Adapted from Lexi's Clean Kitchen

Ingredients
Sriracha Lime Chicken
2 6 oz chicken breasts
3 tbsp sriracha
2 TBSP lime juice (or 1 lime, juiced)
1/4 tsp Kosher sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Salad
4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
8 pineapple slices
1 cup organic grape tomatoes
1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 avocado, cubed

Lime Vinaigrette
1/4 cup olive oil (next time, using 3 TBSP)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
4 TBSP Lime Juice (or 2 limes, juiced)
2 tsp honey
Dash Kosher salt
Dash of sriracha

Instructions
1. Heat the grill

2. Season chicken with salt and pepper

3. In a bowl or marinade dish, combine srirarcha and lime

4. Add chicken and let marinade in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better

5. Once marinaded, add chicken to grill

6. Cut pineapple using pineapple corer and add to grill, grill for 3-4 minutes on each side

7. While they are grilling, chop lettuce, then chop avocado, tomato, and red onion and add to serving dish

8. Whisk together dressing, taste, and adjust seasoning as desired (i.e. more lime, additional salt, additional vinegar)- place in fridge until ready to use

9. Once chicken is done cooking, assemble the salad, toss with dressing and enjoy!

Nutritional Information (from My Fitness Pal)
Calories: 801; Total Fat: 45 g; Saturated Fat: 6 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 31 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 98 mg; Sodium: 643 mg; Potassium: 1060 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 62 g; Dietary Fiber: 16 g; Sugars: 40 g; Protein: 44 g

No comments: