Sunday, April 5, 2015

Korean Chicken Thighs

I believe I found this recipe after reading something about dogs on the Examiner. Because you know if you like an article about dogs, an article about Korean Chicken Thighs would be right up your alley.

Anyway, D made these. They had a really good flavor and I liked the marinade. It reminded me of Teriyaki but not as sweet. However, maybe I shouldn't have put the marinade on the chicken, the rice and the broccoli. I know Kikkoman doesn't contain MSG but some chemistry took place in my head, and the halo headache you get right before a migraine started towards the end of dinner. So I'm leery of this recipe because I just don't know if I want to risk having a migraine.

D who has no migraine issues loved it, and I'm sure if I said I would try it again, he would be all for it. Perhaps I'll just not soak my entire dinner in the marinade.

So yeah, I'll have again, probably.  The Nutritional Information is probably a little off, because I know we had a lot of marinade left over, but oh well.

Korean Chicken Thighs

Serves 4
From Examiner.com

Photo by ALB

Ingredients
8 chicken thighs, rinsed, patted dry, trimmed of fat (used bone-in)
3/4 cup tamari or soy sauce (used Kikkoman Light Soy Sauce)
5-7 green onions, chopped fine
3 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp honey (if you don't have honey, substitute 2 Tbsp sugar)
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced, or pressed
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp of powdered)
pepper to taste

Preparation
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with no-stick spray. Place your chicken thighs in the dish, skin side down.

Combine the rest of the ingredients into a small bowl. Mix well, and pour over the chicken. Make sure the chicken is nice and coated.

Pop it in the oven for 45 minutes. When you're done, turn the chicken over, spread the juice over the top, and pop it back in for 15 more minutes.

Nutritional Information (from My Fitness Pal)
Calories: 537; Total Fat: 30 g; Saturated Fat: 7 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 12 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 114 mg; Sodium: 2206 mg; Potassium: 340 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 18 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Sugars: 13 g; Protein: 46 g

No comments: