Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sopapilla Cheesecake

So there are some recipes that are pretty stupid easy (at least to me). This would fall into that category.

D and I were having a party, and I always make an "easy" dessert and then another dessert, so this was the easy one.

Anyway it took me about 20 minutes to prepare the whole thing.

The result...At least 5 people said they ate half the pan. I thought they tasted like the cheese Danish you get at 7-11. I also thought I ate half the pan.

Anyway, if you aren't really a great baker, this could be up your alley.

Sopapilla Cheesecake 

Adapted from Pillbury 

Photo by ALB

Ingredients
2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened) (I used Neufchatel, because I find it creamier)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 TBSP Cinnamon
4 TBSP Sugar

Preparation
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees

2. Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased 9×13 pan (I greased it with PAM). Press all the perforations to seal.

3. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup of the sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Spread over dough in baking dish.

4. Unroll second can of dough. Carefully place on top of cream cheese layer. Pinch seams together.

5 Pour melted butter evenly over top. Mix sugar with the cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over butter.

6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes (I baked for 25 minutes).

7. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate for easy cutting. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.

No comments: