Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Salad

So I'm not really sure why it took me a year to get around to making this.  I've had it on my to-try list that long.

Labor Day came yesterday, and I wanted something tasty but not too caloric.  I showed D two chicken salad recipes and he said this one.  So this is the one we had.

D grilled the chicken, since we needed chicken for 4 meals this week. I put everything else together. He had his on toast, I had mine on a tortilla wrap.  We both added tomatoes.

The taste was flavorful and zesty.  The original version had blue cheese instead of cheddar.  Also if you aren't a cilantro fan, I don't think it would change the taste to leave it out.

Buffalo Chicken Salad


Photo by ALB
Adapted from Prevention RD
Yield: 6 servings, 1/2 cup each)

Ingredients
5 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, minced
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir in chicken, celery, cilantro, and cheese. Refrigerate until serving or up to 5 days in the fridge.

Nutrition Information (from My FitnessPal):
Per Serving:
Calories: 147; Total Fat: 8 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 72 mg; Sodium: 546 mg; Potassium: 210 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 2 g; Dietary Fiber: 0 g; Sugars: 1 g; Protein: 17 g

No comments: