Monday, November 21, 2011

Mexican Corn Casserole (aka Mexican Corn bread)

Let's just get it out there. I'm not a true Southerner. I don't make corn bread in a skillet. I don't like corn bread at most places because there is no amount of water, milk, or liquid that can get that dry taste out of my mouth. So when I came across this recipe, I wasn't sure. The result is moist sweet bread. I like it.

I have made it with and without the green chiles and the cheese.

Mexican Corn Casserole (aka Mexican Corn bread)

Ingredients
1 (14 3/4 ounce) can no salt added cream style corn
1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped mild green chili's
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup (1.3 oz) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese with Jalapeno peppers
Cooking spray.

Preparation
Heat oven to 350.
Combine first 5 ingredients; stir just until moist. Pour mixture into a 1 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes.

8 servings; Points (not Points Plus) = 4 per serving
From Weight Watchers Annual Recipes for Success 2004

No comments: