Monday, November 25, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

If you have an hour, and a lasagna/brownie pan, you can make this (and if someone is home while you are on your work commute home so they can take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator).

First, do not use fat-free cream cheese.  Personally, I hate the stuff because it has a chemical tang to it that doesn't taste right.  However, I had opened the 3rd box of CC when I noticed all the boxes said Fat Free.  I may have said a few expletives.  I thought about where this dish was going and should I go to the store and get regular or reduced fat, and decided at a tailgate where lots of beer is consumed, that FF would be ok.

After they were done baking, I tasted one to make sure the tang wasn't too bad.  I could taste it, but decided they were definitely edible and would be 10000 times better had I used the right cream cheese.  I came back from the tailgate with 2 left.  So they couldn't have been all that bad.



Photo by ALB

Because of the incredible ease, I will definitely make these again.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

A classic! A favorite! And incredibly delicious! This simple Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is sure to become your standard.
Photo by ALB

From Mr. Food
Serves: 15

Cooking Time: 45 min

Ingredients
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (16.5-ounce) rolls refrigerator chocolate chip cookie dough

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until well mixed; set aside.

Slice cookie dough rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices from one roll on bottom of a greased 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish (I used a metal pan and sprayed the hell out of it with PAM); press together so there are no holes in dough. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over dough; top with remaining slices of cookie dough (this part was a bitch...cut slices, and then roll them into balls and press them in the palms of your hands and then put them on the cheesecake.  Made it much easier.)

Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden and center is slightly firm.

Remove from oven, let cool, then refrigerate. Cut into slices when well chilled.

No comments: