Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cumin Rice With Avocado

So I'm constantly looking for Mexican Side Dishes.  Although I could eat refried beans 5 of 7 days a week, I don't think D could.  So when I found this recipe, I thought we should give it a try.

It was very good and we would have again.  It makes me like restaurant Mexican Rice even less.

Cumin Rice With Avocado

Photo by ALB

Adapted from A Messy Cook

Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 4

Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter
2 1/4 C of Chicken Broth
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/3 cup picante sauce
1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
2 green onions, sliced

Directions
Bring Chicken Broth to a boil in large saucepan.
Add butter and cumin, and stir until butter is melted.
Add rice and reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Stir in picante sauce and heat through.
Stir in avocado and onions just before serving.

Nutritional Information (from My Fitness Pal)
Per Serving
Calories: 191.4; Total Fat: 7.2 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Cholesterol: 5.2 mg; Sodium: 270.1 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 29 g; Dietary Fiber: 3 g; Sugars: 0.9 g; Protein: 3.4 g

No comments: