Monday, July 27, 2015

Orange Creamsicle Cocktails

So awhile back, I came into possession  of Valencia Orange Vodka made by Shady Fruit (meaning the bottle magically appeared on my kitchen counter,  and I didn't ask how it got there).  Now, D and I are big beer drinkers.  However, we don't drink a lot of liquor, and I do my best to skip wine because of that whole "swelled tongue/trouble breathing" thing that has happened all my life, not realizing that was called a food allergy. I thought everybody had those things happen when they drank wine.

Anyway, D and I have been talking about milkshakes, and I remembered I had pinned a Creamsicle Recipe so we could use the orange vodka.

A) For 1 serving, this was almost 1000 calories (so 2000 calories total)
B) I remember why I don't drink liquor...it was gone in 60 seconds.
C) It was extremely tasty, and I really want another one.
D) We have a lot of vodka, orange juice, ice cream and sherbet left.  This will be happening again.


Orange Creamsicle Cocktails

Serves 2
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
Adapted from The Chic Site

Photo by ALB

Ingredients
1 pint orange sherbet, softened
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1 cup orange juice
2 cups ice
4 ounces vodka (whipped cream, cake or regular) (we used Shady Fruit)
lime wedge (didn't use)
orange cocktail salt, kosher salt or sugar for glasses (didn't use)

Instructions
Run the lime wedge around the edge of two tall glasses or four short glasses. Dip into orange cocktail salt. Set aside. (didn't do)

In a blender, combine the orange sherbet, orange juice, 1 cup ice, and 2 ounces vodka. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses up to half way up. Save the remaining mixture for later. Rinse out the blender. (we combined all ingeredients except the ice, and then added ice until we got the right thickness).

In the blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, 1 cup ice and 2 ounces vodka. Blend until smooth. Pour into the glasses, over the orange layer.

Top off each drink with the reserved orange mixture from earlier. Serve with a straw.


No comments: