Friday, July 31, 2015

JALAPEÑO POPPER PIZZA

So I have never met a jalapeno popper I haven't liked.  When I saw this recipe, I decided we must have it.  Also I have 2 jalapenos growing in my garden (we're up to a grand total of 4 since I planted in April and it is now the end of July).

We were going to make the crust, but I had to go to the grocery store for something else, and D hadn't left work, so I just grabbed a Boboli.

D commented it used a lot of cream cheese.  That was ok.  This "shit on bread"  (what I call pizza without red sauce) was awesome.  We'll definitely have again.

JALAPEÑO POPPER PIZZA

Photo by ALB

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Adapted from Damn Delicious

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 jalapeños, sliced
1 shallot, sliced
1/4 cup semolina or yellow cornmeal (didn't use)
1 ball pizza dough, homemade or store-bought (used a original Boboli)
6 ounces cream cheese, softened (used reduced- fat)
1 1/2 cups grated jalapeño monterey jack cheese

Instructions
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.

Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.

In a small bowl, combine the jalapeños and shallot with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil.

Working on a surface that has been sprinkled with semolina or cornmeal, roll out the pizza dough into a 10-inch-diameter round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.

Spread the cream cheese evenly over the top, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with jalapeño monterey jack, jalapeños, shallots and bacon.

Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted on top (if using a Boboli, check on the bag how long to cook one).

Cut the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.

No comments: