Saturday, December 15, 2012

Easy Slow Cooker French Dip

Last week I bought a 4 pound beef roast with no clue what I was going to do with it. Later in the week my brother said he was making this. I looked at it and thought I could make it. Then he told me how much he enjoyed it. D and I didn't have a dinner plan for tonight, so I decided I would make it. The prep took less than 5 minutes. Pretty much dump everything in the crockpot and walk away.

I added a few things per my brother's recommendation. D and I had with Tater Tots.

Easy Slow Cooker French Dip

Photo by ALB

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Hours
Ready In: 7 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 9 (less since it only calls for 6 rolls, but eh)

"An economical version of an old-favorite sandwich. It is made of rump roast simmered for 7 hours with beef broth, onion soup and beer. The reduced cooking liquid makes plenty of sauce for dipping."

INGREDIENTS
4 pounds rump roast
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth (used Campbell's Beef Consomme)
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer (used Guinness Lager)
Added 1 tsp Garlic Powder
Added 1 tsp Onion Powder
Added 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
6 French rolls
2 tablespoons butter
Added Provolone Cheese
Added 1 onion, sliced, sauteed

DIRECTIONS
1. Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer (and garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire). Cook on Low setting for 7 hours (I cooked for 6.5 hours, sliced the meat and put it back in for 30 more minutes).

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

3. Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 7 minutes, add cheese and cook 3 more minutes or until heated through.

4. Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls (and add onions). Serve the sauce for dipping.

Nutrition Information (without my additions)
Calories: 413; Total Fat: 18.1g; Cholesterol: 96mg; Sodium: 661mg; Total Carbs: 19.6g; Dietary Fiber: 0.9g; Protein: 39.1g

From allrecipes.com

No comments: