Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ella's Texas Toast

So I rarely ever make Garlic Bread or any semblance of it at home. It never tastes good and always tastes like I have skimped on ingredients. For Christmas, my brother was cooking and told me he was making this recipe from his friend, Ella. I didn't really read the recipe, just got the ingredients (sort of).

The result...I really had to watch what I ate. The bread was so good. D liked it, Bro liked it, and my dad liked it.

Yum!

Ella's Texas Toast

Toast (and Salad)
Photo by ALB

Ingredients
A loaf of French Bread
1/2C of Butter, softened
2 C Mozzarella
1C Parmesan
Garlic Powder
Oregano or Italian Spices

Preparation
Heat oven to 375.
Cut the French Bread slice into one-inch slices.
Melt butter in a medium size pot. Dip each slice in the butter on both sides.  Place on baking sheet.  Sprinkle with Garlic Powder and Italian Spices. Then put a little mozzarella and Parmesan ( don't put a lot of the Parmesan; it will over-power)
Bake in oven until lightly brown and bubbly, 8 minutes.

Bro's notes: I used oregano instead of Italian spices.  I also could not find French bread so I got Italian bread.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Girlfriend, not just friend. Neener Neener.